[rescue] OBP Question

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Aug 3 10:25:06 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 11:18:41AM -0400, alex at lava-net.com wrote:
> Hi,
> What is the best way to find what is the latest OBP available for a
> particular machine? The document I read on how to find these says just
> to search Sunsolve for "flash update" and look for your platform, but
> some of the results are misleading.  I'm trying to determine if I can
> run the latest opensolaris 2009.06 on a Blade 150, but I'm having
> trouble finding the latest OBP that system supports.
> Thanks for any help.

Why would you expect to need a new OBP to run OpenSolaris 2009.06 on a
blade 150?

I've never had to upgrade OBP to run Solaris Express.  I currently have
build 70 on a E250, build 98 on a U80, build 105 on a U5, build 107 on
E420r, and build 108 on a V100.  I haven't updated OBP on any of those
machines, and I believe all of them are older than a Blade 150 would
be.

That said, if you find one OBP update for that platform, I believe it
will have an Obsoleted by: field, to point you to the next one, if there
is a next one.