[rescue] Rescue Challenge..?

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Sat Aug 1 14:46:14 CDT 2009

> Wouldn't Dave McGuire win by default?  As far as I know, he still has
> multiple Cray systems and parts.

The one I have in storage, which is the J932SE w/ 32 processors, I don't
think it's that fast. When I sold one overseas I had to go thru some mess,
and I think it came back to be about the speed of a modern P4 :-)

Optimized for different types of operations, but other than CPU count I
wonder if an Origin 2000 couldn't give it a run for it's money?

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :