[rescue] Small servers (was Re: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100)

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list at oryx.cc
Sun May 4 13:18:53 CDT 2008

I *really* hope you are joking...

At $work, we are replacing V480's, V490's & V880's like crazy with T5K's
due to:

* saved rack space
* cooling & power requirements in the data center
* big CPU HP jump

We have lots of T5X20's, but we got our first T5140 last week to begin
working with in our testing tier.  Its amazing to see mpstat show 128
processors.

There is just nothing in the x86 world that comes close to touching the
new T5K servers for our work load.

Jerry