[rescue] FW: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu May 1 12:40:02 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 01:43:23PM -0400, William Enestvedt wrote:

>    Oh, I said it was only a feeling, not anything factual. And I agree
> with you: OS X does perform better the more memory you give it --
> especially with a slow ol' ATA drive. But it does strike me that the
> kind of work I ever did on one of those computers (file server,
> NFS-to-AppleShare gateway, FileWave server, etc.) was pretty
> workmanlike, just like a pick-'em-up truck you haul with more than you
> race.
>
>    Though I hear there's a NASCAR circuit just for trucks....

I see quite a few trucks around where I live that give every appearence
of being built for drag racing.

There is one up the road that is something like a Sierra 1500.  It is
radically lowered (sits lower than my Jetta and must scrape terribly
over spead bumps), and it has the flared bed that usually goes over 4
rear tires, but instead it has 2 foot wide tires on the back.  It also
has one of those paint jobs that changes colored based on your angle to
the surface.

There is also a truck I drive past regularly that has the engine in the
rear frame sticking up through the bed.  This one hasn't particularly
been lowered, but it still does have very wide tires in the back.