[rescue] FW: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu May 1 12:43:23 CDT 2008

Josh wrote:
> > I'm fond of those systems, but I feel that putting that much RAM in
them
> > is like mounting a spoiler on a pickup truck. :7)
>
> I disagree with that assessment.  OSX clearly likes its RAM, so
anything
> you can feed it will extend the life of the system.

   Oh, I said it was only a feeling, not anything factual. And I agree
with you: OS X does perform better the more memory you give it --
especially with a slow ol' ATA drive. But it does strike me that the
kind of work I ever did on one of those computers (file server,
NFS-to-AppleShare gateway, FileWave server, etc.) was pretty
workmanlike, just like a pick-'em-up truck you haul with more than you
race.

   Though I hear there's a NASCAR circuit just for trucks....

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt
UIS Database Team Lead