[rescue] SPARCbook 3gx

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sun Feb 17 14:23:24 CST 2008

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 12:07:59PM -0800, Curious George wrote:

> I wonder if I can pull the battery and squeeze a
> power supply in there to get rid of the external
> "power module"...?  Then it would be nice and
> small, nothing "dangling" on the outside, etc.

If I remember correctly, the 3GX takes 12 volts DC.
If that's correct, you could just run a wire from a 12
volt power supply. I've taken cables to allow you to
connect two disk drives to the same connector on a PC
power supply, cut the end off of one and used it for
12 volts.

Then you could have one of your computers power it. :-)

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838