[rescue] E4000 Parts needed

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at telenet.be
Fri Feb 8 17:27:23 CST 2008

Michael C. Vergallen wrote:
> Francois Dion wrote:
>> On Feb 8, 2008 3:54 PM, Michael C. Vergallen <mvergall at telenet.be>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> *Hi,
>>>
>>> Does anyone have those parts to spare :
>>>
>>> - **X5163A- **18.2GB Disk Board (2 W 9.1GB - 7200 RPM) with disks.
>>> - DVD-ROM 10XSPEED for E4000
>>>
>>> Mine died due to a power outrage....
>>>

>>   The DVD issue is easy to get around, netboot. SCSI DVDs are expensive
>> anyway. I never upgraded to DVD on my E5(5)00) because of that.
> DVD drives are about 40 USD a pop. But Yes I could netboot the system.
Sorry eh they cost 50 USD for the 10 speed DVD Drive.

However the disk card costs about 295 USD with the disks. Just got the
first quote in ... that I find a dad on the expensive side... would not
mind paying a bit less for that.
The dvdrom are not that expensive compared  to what  they used to
cost...if you consider they are scsi drives... However the parts for the
Exx00 series of machines are
quite expensive...but eh if I look arround at other quad proc sparc
systems with 4 GB RAM & enough disk space for / filesystem...like the
E420R  I'll end up paying the
same amount of money  for it to get it to Belgium. The machine didn't
cost me much to start with so I'll just pay for the parts...I suppose.

Michael