[rescue] E4000 Parts needed

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at telenet.be
Fri Feb 8 15:31:28 CST 2008

Francois Dion wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2008 3:54 PM, Michael C. Vergallen <mvergall at telenet.be> wrote:
>
>> *Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone have those parts to spare :
>>
>> - **X5163A- **18.2GB Disk Board (2 W 9.1GB - 7200 RPM) with disks.
>> - DVD-ROM 10XSPEED for E4000
>>
>> Mine died due to a power outrage....
>>

> The DVD issue is easy to get around, netboot. SCSI DVDs are expensive
> anyway. I never upgraded to DVD on my E5(5)00) because of that.
DVD drives are about 40 USD a pop. But Yes I could netboot the system.
>  As for
> the disk board, I would use an external scsi box. I use a netra st
> d130. Very common and cheap. Then you can take your time sourcing the
> originals, if you want.

The problem here is that I allready have 3 external scsi arrays
connected to the system and I don't want to have to modify the current
layout & Cabling to the system.
The 3 arrays contain 1) data , 2) source code 3) /opt & /usr filesystems
for different systems.

Who are linked to the workstations and I'm not about to go and
reconfigure those.... 20  or so systems with  different  mount's  & all ...

Michael.