[rescue] E4000 Parts needed

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 15:14:09 CST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 3:54 PM, Michael C. Vergallen <mvergall at telenet.be> wrote:
> *Hi,
>
> Does anyone have those parts to spare :
>
> - **X5163A- **18.2GB Disk Board (2 W 9.1GB - 7200 RPM) with disks.
> - DVD-ROM 10XSPEED for E4000
>
> Mine died due to a power outrage....

I agree, it is pretty outrageous :)

> If you have those parts around drop
> me a note with what you want for them. as  long  as it stays within
> reason (+- 150 USD).
>
> I need them fast...preferable from within the e.u.

The DVD issue is easy to get around, netboot. SCSI DVDs are expensive
anyway. I never upgraded to DVD on my E5(5)00) because of that. As for
the disk board, I would use an external scsi box. I use a netra st
d130. Very common and cheap. Then you can take your time sourcing the
originals, if you want.