[rescue] E250 temperatures

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Sun Apr 13 20:32:34 CDT 2008

>>> It has to do with the network LOM dropping off the network or suddenly
>>> no longer listening to the SSH port.  I don't want to deploy the machine
>>> if I'm not able to get to a serial console on it for reboots, patching,
>>> remote maintenance, etc.
>> I have to say, that is pretty shocking.
>
> Not to me.  $ork bought a half-rack of V210 systems, and the ALOM
> modules would -lock hard- if we turned on DHCP.  Sun couldn't reproduce
> the problem, even though we could show it on every system we bought.
> They closed the ticket more-or-less as "works for me!".

You know, I had some odd problems with the LOM on a brand new V245 last
month. I thought it was me, or that there was some odd network problem.
I had the LOM "disappear" on me a couple of times (unreachable on the
network) , and when I was connected with a serial cable, I had the LOM
reset repeatedly. It finally settled down sort of, and worked, but the
resetting thing happened a couple more times. I wonder if that is what
was going on when it dropped off the network.

Steve