[rescue] E250 temperatures

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Apr 13 22:19:39 CDT 2008

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

>> Not to me.  $ork bought a half-rack of V210 systems, and the ALOM
>> modules would -lock hard- if we turned on DHCP.  Sun couldn't
>> reproduce the problem, even though we could show it on every system
>> we bought.  They closed the ticket more-or-less as "works for me!".
>>
>> $ork hasn't bought any more Sun hardware since.
>
> Wow!  Sun wouldn't send a CE out to see the problem out in the field?

They sent a CE out to swap parts, but beyond that they didn't really
seem to care about solving the problem when that didn't fix it.  They
kept shuffling me back to some telephone support engineer who was
convinced that I was doing something wrong since he couldn't reproduce
the problem; he kept closing the ticket, and, out of frustration, I
finally quit reopening it.

It's a sad day when Dell provides better on-site and telephone support
than Sun.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is no such thing as a short of reserves...
Elgin, TX         |  one bank can have a problem...the Fed can print