[rescue] Sun USB keyboards/mice?

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Thu Sep 13 02:16:26 CDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 04:48:15PM -0700, Curious George wrote:
> I've got a Tatung box that is *some* sort of
> Sun clone (it wants to call itself a Blade 1000
> but I doubt that!  :<  Physically about the
> same size as a U10 but heavy as lead!!).  Sounds
> like a jet aircraft when you power it up...

Interesting. I know Tatung made a variety of clones, but wasn't aware they
made one of the Blade 1000. So it identifies itself as one when it boots
up and it has UltraSPARC-III processor(s)?

The Blade 1000 uses basically the same size case as an U80, which is bigger
than an U10, so I'm guessing Tatung shoe-horned their machine into a
smaller form factor. The fans sound about right though :)

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/
mj at turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/