[rescue] Looking for Cisco 7000 FEIPs

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 00:10:46 CDT 2007

Dan Sikorski wrote:
> What module would i need?  The only gigabit modules that i've seen for
> the 5000/5500 are fiber, not copper.  Although, i'll bet i would need to
> upgrade my supervisor card to do it either one.  I wouldn't mind a
> performance hit from the backplane as long as it can do gigabit between
> the gigabit ports on the module.

They're all fiber on paper.  I'm going to try using a third-party TX
GBIC.  I'll let you know if it works.

Anyway, if it doesn't work, one could always use media converters.  It's
another performance hit, but still faster than 100Mbps ethernet.  In my
case, the other option would be to put fiber cards in my machines.

Peace...  Sridhar