[rescue] Looking for Cisco 7000 FEIPs

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Sep 12 15:44:09 CDT 2007

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Dan Sikorski wrote:
>

>> FWIW, i use a catalyst 5000 with a FDDI card and an Ethernet card at
>> home, and it works well for me.  Unfortunately, the catalyst 5000 can't
>> do 1000baseT AFAIK.
>>

> It can, but it can't push the entire bandwidth.  I think you need the
> extra backplane capacity of a 5500 for that.

What module would i need?  The only gigabit modules that i've seen for
the 5000/5500 are fiber, not copper.  Although, i'll bet i would need to
upgrade my supervisor card to do it either one.  I wouldn't mind a
performance hit from the backplane as long as it can do gigabit between
the gigabit ports on the module.

    -Dan Sikorski