[rescue] Compaq ES40 systems

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 28 11:09:28 CDT 2007

Hello all,

I may have a line on three ES40 Alphaservers, each with:

4x 500 MHz CPUs
1x Gig RAM
2x 9 Gig HDs

The seller is trying to come up with a cost for these, and while I wait I thought I'd ask here if anyone is interested in them.

These will most likely NOT be offered at "salvage" prices, but should be under market price. They have full plastic skins/covers, though one has a dented top.

These are WAY TOO HEAVY to ship (think SGI Crimson, but a little lighter), so they would either have to be within driving distance of Trenton, NJ, picked-up locally, or at TCF...

I may not get them, but then again I might - I'll update the list once I know. If you think you might actually want one, contact me off-list with an estimate what it is worth to you AND HOW YOU WILL PICK IT UP.

Lionel