[rescue] Installing Solaris 2.6 on a Netra t1 Model 105

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Mar 8 15:14:06 CST 2007

" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net>
"
" >From: Ahmed Ewing <aewing at gmail.com>
" >
" >I currently have the need to install Solaris 2.6 on a Netra t1 Model
" >105 telco server. Unlike later versions of Solaris, the Release Notes
" >doc (http://sunsolve.sun.com/data/806/806-2274/pdf/RelNotes.pdf) makes
" >mention of the following as required in addition to the install media:
" >
" >Operating Environment Installation CD (CD0) 9/99, part no. 704-6914-10
"
" <Speaking from ignorance>
" Are there any Solaris 2.6 CDs cut after 9/99? If so, I suspect they might include any required patches.
" </Speaking from ignorance>

iirc the final release was 5/98.

" I suspect any patches required will be able to be downloaded after a
" standard install - it may be that certain drivers are needed for some
" hardware on the board, but I would hope SCSI & Net will be supported
" on the base disk, allowing you to get any needed patches installed
" after an initial install...

i still think that if the special cd can't be located, a jumpstart is
the next best thing.  extra points: a custom boot/install cd...