[rescue] Installing Solaris 2.6 on a Netra t1 Model 105

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Mar 8 12:12:43 CST 2007

" From: "Ahmed Ewing" <aewing at gmail.com>
"
" I currently have the need to install Solaris 2.6 on a Netra t1 Model
" 105 telco server. Unlike later versions of Solaris, the Release Notes
" doc (http://sunsolve.sun.com/data/806/806-2274/pdf/RelNotes.pdf) makes
" mention of the following as required in addition to the install media:
"
" Operating Environment Installation CD (CD0) 9/99, part no. 704-6914-10
"
" Apparently you have to boot from this disc first, then are prompted to
" insert the Solaris 2.6 disc. I'm assuming it came with the server
" originally, but all that stuff is long lost.
"
" If anyone has this CD, would you be willing to make an image and FTP
" upload to me, or can anyone confirm another workaround? I haven't yet
" tried installing 2.6 straight, but I will try this as soon as I
" complete the other more routine OS loads on my plate. My guess is that
" if it weren't necessary, they wouldn't make the process exception for
" this OS version only.

i'm guessing there's a kernel patch that wasn't in the final 2.6
release.  can you set up a jumpstart server?  patch the jumpstart
root with the latest and you should be good to go.