[rescue] Installing Solaris 2.6 on a Netra t1 Model 105

Ahmed Ewing aewing at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:34:44 CST 2007

Hi:

I currently have the need to install Solaris 2.6 on a Netra t1 Model
105 telco server. Unlike later versions of Solaris, the Release Notes
doc (http://sunsolve.sun.com/data/806/806-2274/pdf/RelNotes.pdf) makes
mention of the following as required in addition to the install media:

Operating Environment Installation CD (CD0) 9/99, part no. 704-6914-10

Apparently you have to boot from this disc first, then are prompted to
insert the Solaris 2.6 disc. I'm assuming it came with the server
originally, but all that stuff is long lost.

If anyone has this CD, would you be willing to make an image and FTP
upload to me, or can anyone confirm another workaround? I haven't yet
tried installing 2.6 straight, but I will try this as soon as I
complete the other more routine OS loads on my plate. My guess is that
if it weren't necessary, they wouldn't make the process exception for
this OS version only.

Thanks,

-A