[rescue] Installing Solaris 2.6 on a Netra t1 Model 105

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 8 14:04:10 CST 2007

>From: Ahmed Ewing <aewing at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/03/08 Thu AM 11:34:44 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [rescue] Installing Solaris 2.6 on a Netra t1 Model 105

>Hi:
>
>I currently have the need to install Solaris 2.6 on a Netra t1 Model
>105 telco server. Unlike later versions of Solaris, the Release Notes
>doc (http://sunsolve.sun.com/data/806/806-2274/pdf/RelNotes.pdf) makes
>mention of the following as required in addition to the install media:
>
>Operating Environment Installation CD (CD0) 9/99, part no. 704-6914-10
>
>Apparently you have to boot from this disc first, then are prompted to
>insert the Solaris 2.6 disc. I'm assuming it came with the server
>originally, but all that stuff is long lost.
>
>If anyone has this CD, would you be willing to make an image and FTP
>upload to me, or can anyone confirm another workaround? I haven't yet
>tried installing 2.6 straight, but I will try this as soon as I
>complete the other more routine OS loads on my plate. My guess is that
>if it weren't necessary, they wouldn't make the process exception for
>this OS version only.

<Speaking from ignorance>
Are there any Solaris 2.6 CDs cut after 9/99? If so, I suspect they might include any required patches.
</Speaking from ignorance>

I suspect any patches required will be able to be downloaded after a standard install - it may be that certain drivers are needed for some hardware on the board, but I would hope SCSI & Net will be supported on the base disk, allowing you to get any needed patches installed after an initial install...

Just a thought, be sure and report back (BTW, Solaris 10 runs fine on my Netra T 105, but I'm sure you have a business need to load Solaris 2.6 ;^)

Lionel