[rescue] Looking for a PIII/850 CPU

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 7 11:07:23 CST 2007

Hello all,

I came across a purpose-built PC at the surplus sale, it has a 3U case with room for two 3 1/2" HDs and and one more 5 1/4" device (it has a floppy and CD-ROM already.

The machine has an Intel JN440BX motherboard, and I see it can take a much faster CPU than the slot 1 Celeron 333 MHz CPU, and I'm wondering if anyone has a faster CPU available...

Here is the list of "approved" CPUs for this MB:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/jn440bx/sb/cs-013425.htm

Funny system too, it includes a remote reboot card, 56K Zoom modem, and a remote view board - the system was made by Cybex.

Here's a link for mor einfo - looks interesting... Not sure if I'll make a server out of it, or if I'll try and use it as-is.

Thanks in advance!

Lionel

(BTW, I still have a few Unipack cases available, though I was able to ship off about 15 last week - thanks to all that took a few off my hands...)