[rescue] packing options for ultra 60

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 13:21:28 CST 2007

On 5 Mar 2007, at 12:57, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> That said, a U60 is VERY solid, and minimal packaging should be
> required, but
> better to be safe than to lose the machine to damage in transit and
> pray for
> an insurance claim, IMHO.

I shipped a U30 across the UK ad found that casing is not as solid as
it looks. The metal chassis is made like a Volvo, but the outer
plastic bezels and the side door are vulnerable to losing corners if
they move in transit. My customer sent me apicture of the U30 when it
was unpacked, and despite me packing itin a bout 2 inches of
polystyrene foam all round, they had managed to drop it I think and
snapped the top corner off the side panel - about an inch or so
radius off the top rear. Never underestimate the ingenuity of
carriers when it comes to finding ways to break your goods!

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>