[rescue] packing options for ultra 60

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Mar 5 14:04:45 CST 2007

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Mark wrote:

> I shipped a U30 across the UK ad found that casing is not as solid as
> it looks. The metal chassis is made like a Volvo, but the outer
> plastic bezels and the side door are vulnerable to losing corners if
> they move in transit.

The resilience of the plastic components of a Unix workstation vary
inversely with respect to the system's initial sticker price.  A U30 may
require a freight carrier to damage it, but an E450 can lose its
operator panel's door through general handling, and an SGI's platics can
crack if you'll just look at them sternly.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "I would buy a Mac today if I was not working at
Elgin, TX        (   Microsoft."      --Jim Allchin, VP of Platforms