[rescue] Big Iron available in/near Minneapolis

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Sat Jul 28 06:53:19 CDT 2007

On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 07:38:46AM -0400, Steve Sandau wrote:
> Speaking of SC2Ks, I found a couple of CPUs labeled "85MHz 2MB" in my
> Sun box at work. As I recall from earlier CPU cache discussions on this
> list, the SC2K is the only machine that will use all the cache.

Indeed, the SC2K is AFAIK the only machine that'll use all the cache on the
SM81-2. They will work in SS20s (and possibly other MBus-module accepting
machines), but with only 1MiB of the cache in use. Oh, and they'll run damn
hot in an Aurora chassis too :)

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/