[rescue] Sun announces DST patch availablity...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jan 29 17:26:07 CST 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

>> I'm very tempted to roll my own patches for 2.5.1, 2.6, and 2.7 and
>> release them as freeware.  $400 per server is way past unreasonable.
>
> I thought that all you had to do was download the zone file, compile
> it and create a symlink to the correct place.

As far as I know, yes; hence $400 (per systems!) being unreasonable.

> Or is it just that sysadmins these days can't follow a 5 step
> procedure?

Unless the procedure invovles a happy dialog box with candy-coated icons
and a button that either says [ Next > ] or [ Finish ], you'd be sadly
surprised at how true that is.

--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "A man who never dreams goes slowly mad."
Elgin, TX           (      --Thomas Dolby, "Valley of the Mind's Eye"