[rescue] Sun announces DST patch availablity...

Dave K davek08054 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 12:46:16 CST 2007

On 1/29/07, Geoffrey S. Mendelson <gsm at mendelson.com> wrote:

> Or is it just that sysadmins these days can't follow a 5 step procedure?

Think of scaling.  A 5 step interactive procedure on one system is
easy.  Knowing that you have updated that one system is easy.  Etc.

What about the poor admin stuck with many systems? After doing the
manual procedure, how will his system configuration management tool
know that the system has been updated?  Etc.

Having the change available as a "proper" patch would allow for
installation and management to be done in the "usual" fashion.

Thankfully I only have one of these systems, and I will be able to use
this event as the final excuse to retire it permanently.

--
Dave K
Unix Systems & Network Administrator