[rescue] Proliant 6500 cpu compatibility

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 26 18:50:23 CST 2007

>From: Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net>
>Date: 2007/01/26 Fri PM 06:10:08 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Proliant 6500 cpu compatibility

<snip>

>I think you have 2x of the Slot 1 or Slot 2 form factor CPUs, right?
>
>If so, you can go from PIII-550 up to at least 850Mhz.  I know because
>I have some Telenet systems that use the Intel {whatever} board and the
>same board takes from 500 to 850 CPUs.
>
>Might want to check for BIOS updates from Compaq just in case.

I'v got some Intel SBT2 white box servers with SCSI RAID and 5 bay hot swap
trays, redundant power supplies and no optical drives that also include 2x
933 PIII Xeon CPUs - they are heavy mothers, but if anyone here wants one, I
can let them go CHEAP. I'm willing to part out a couple, if someone just
wants the CPUs...

They run Solaris 10:

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/sol/systems/details/1602.html

And here is the Intel page: