[rescue] ZFS on V100

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Jan 17 08:20:16 CST 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 08:16:11AM +0000, Mark Benson wrote:

> I'm curious, are you running ZFS on a pair of partitions or 2 whole
> disks? It is mentioned in many of the ZFS tutorials I've followed
> that you won't get the performance advantage out of ZFS unless you
> use full disks.

Two partitions.  It is not currently possible to feed the entire disks
to ZFS for mirroring in a machine with only two disks.

> The work around is ok I suppose, but it it involves using the metadb
> system, half the reason I immediately ditched RAID in favour of ZFS
> was so I didn't have to use that...

Well, with any luck I shouldn't have to keep screwing with it.  Or I
could wait and upgrade to whatever Solaris version comes after 11/06.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/