[rescue] ZFS on V100

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 02:16:11 CST 2007

On 16 Jan 2007, at 15:44, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> I recently picked up a V100 with 1 gig of ram and 2x120 gig
> harddrives.
>
> I put Solaris 10 on it and planned to use ZFS for mirroring all but
> the
> / partition and swap partition.
>
> Anyway, the performance of the mirrored pair is atrocious.

I'm curious, are you running ZFS on a pair of partitions or 2 whole
disks? It is mentioned in many of the ZFS tutorials I've followed
that you won't get the performance advantage out of ZFS unless you
use full disks.

The work around is ok I suppose, but it it involves using the metadb
system, half the reason I immediately ditched RAID in favour of ZFS
was so I didn't have to use that...

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>
68kMac.org:
<http://www.68kmac.org>

"Introducing Macintosh Classic II - pick one out on your way past the
trash!"