[rescue] Any Minneapolis area listers ?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 10 08:58:32 CST 2007

>From: Meelis Roos <mroos at linux.ee>
>Date: 2007/01/10 Wed AM 06:47:35 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Any Minneapolis area listers ?

>> > Especially as you can get SATA RAID controllers for ~#300.
>
>What specific controllers do you consider good?
>
>3Ware is known to be solid and I can only agree.
>Areca seems good but I have no experience with it.
>Promise supposedly has some real RAID too (EX and maybe SX8 series?) but
>I don't know of any in production use.

3Ware "Just Works", Promise seems good, but my Exp. is limited. One nice thing with 3Ware is that you cna cascade controllers to make larger RAID arrays than a single controller can attach (i.e. multiple 8 port cards to build up, say, a 24 drive array).

>Any others that I missed?

Those are the big ones in PC Hardware, AFAIK.

Lionel