[rescue] Any Minneapolis area listers ?

Clemson, Chris Chris.Clemson at softwareag.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 09:08:56 CST 2007

> > > Especially as you can get SATA RAID controllers for ~#300.
>
> What specific controllers do you consider good?
>
> 3Ware is known to be solid and I can only agree.

3ware seem good and according to linuxy people have good linux support.
Other than that I've no idea I'm afraid - I've never used any myself.

> Areca seems good but I have no experience with it.
> Promise supposedly has some real RAID too (EX and maybe SX8
> series?) but
> I don't know of any in production use.
>
> Any others that I missed?

Adaptec do SATA raid too, but a few posts ago someone mentioned that
linux support for their SCSI boards wasn't very good.
This is news to me, as all the oldish (4+ years ago) Adaptec SCSI cards
have worked fine under linux for me.

Chris