[rescue] some stuff I'm trying to find

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Jan 9 14:09:50 CST 2007

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 02:05:08PM -0500, Aaron Finley wrote:

> I ran IFX Piranha [0], Nothing Real Shake [1], Silicon Grail Chalice &
> Rayz [1] on my I2 MAX. IFX can be very nice about hobbyists licensing
> on old machines. A combination of all fo them worked very well while I
> was "learning." IFX Piranha took full advantage of the hardware and
> was wonderful to even when I had a High Impact, and was even more
> impressive with a Max Impact. Much, much, faster than say, Shake on my
> newest dual Xeon box.

IFX is one that I've known next to nothing about.  Frankly, I also
didn't know much about Jaleo either.

Did IFX allow any sort of real time playback from disk to a video
output on an I2?  Dual stream?

Also, did you contact someone specifically about that hobbiest license,
or did you just email the company info or sales addresses?

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/