[rescue] some stuff I'm trying to find

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 15:29:30 CST 2007

> IFX is one that I've known next to nothing about.  Frankly, I also
> didn't know much about Jaleo either.
>
> Did IFX allow any sort of real time playback from disk to a video
> output on an I2?  Dual stream?
>
> Also, did you contact someone specifically about that hobbiest license,
> or did you just email the company info or sales addresses.

The used to offer a trial download and a 15 or 30-day license key
generator for the trial. I don't believe they do this anymore, but I
was able to get both the trial licenses (and just set the date back)
and a longer license just by e-mailing sales.

I never did video on the I2 because I had no I/O, however I believe
that IFX supports the standard video libraries on SGI hardware which
allow I/O on any of the supported devices. I know, for instance, that
all video boards on the Octane are supported, so I would not be
surprised if the I2 Impact options worked as well.

Piranha was very intuitive and relatively easy to learn.

-- Aaron Finley