[rescue] Need dope-slap on Netra t1 150 and DVD setup

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 3 10:32:05 CST 2007

>From: Magnus <magnus at yonderway.com>
>Date: 2007/02/02 Fri PM 10:16:06 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Need dope-slap on Netra t1 150 and DVD setup

>Bill Bradford wrote:
>> http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/advsearch.do?collection=PATCH&type=collections&queryKey5=111649&toDocument=yes
>[snip]
>> I had the exact same problem with the same drive, attached to a SCSI card
>> in an Ultra 10.  Burned 5-6 copies of Solaris to DVD before I figured out
>> they weren't bad burns, it was a problem with the drive.
>
>+1
>
>Saved my butt on an E250 as well.

I'm curious, couldn't you burn the patch file onto a CD-ROM (with suitable FS onit) and then boot off that CD, pointing to the upgrade file on the CD? The way it works, when I've upgraded OBPROM I've copied the file to a directory on the HD, then re-start the machine pointing to the patch file as the boot image...

Lionel