[rescue] Need dope-slap on Netra t1 150 and DVD setup

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Feb 3 11:06:51 CST 2007

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I'm curious, couldn't you burn the patch file onto a CD-ROM (with
> suitable FS onit) and then boot off that CD, pointing to the upgrade
> file on the CD? The way it works, when I've upgraded OBPROM I've
> copied the file to a directory on the HD, then re-start the machine
> pointing to the patch file as the boot image...

That only works because the OBP patches are standalone programs that
don't require an OS to run.  But, if you wanted, you could roll your own
custom Solaris 9 miniroot with the patch added, then you could boot -s
cdrom and run the patch, but, by that time, you've invested far more
time than it would take for a minimal Solaris 9 installation.

--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "A man who never dreams goes slowly mad."
Elgin, TX           (      --Thomas Dolby, "Valley of the Mind's Eye"