[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Oct 26 23:13:14 CDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 10:35:18PM -0400, Andy Wallis wrote:
> Before answering, my personal definitions for true "Mission Critical"
> are these:

Mine:

"Production":  If it goes down at 3am, I have to get out of bed.

"Mission Critical":  If it goes down at 3am, EVERYONE gets out of bed.

8-)

We eliminated a lot of pseudo-"production" boxes by making a policy,
"if its a production machine, it needs to be on a server-form-factor
system in the datacenter, not on a tower under your desk."

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas