[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Oct 26 14:10:14 CDT 2006

Wed, 25 Oct 2006 @ 21:11 -0500, Robert Pasken said:

> Linux is certainly a better choice than windows, but Linux is the answer to a
> question that nobody asked. There are just too many problems with linux to
> trust it to a mission critical app.

If you think Solaris doesn't have problems that hurt mission critical
applications, you are painfully naive.

Linux is an umbrella term that is almost useless, but nevertheless there
are "linux systems" that are used in critical applications and they
perform very well.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I want this Perl software checked for
viruses.  Use Norton Antivirus." -- Charlie Kirkpatrick]