[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Oct 28 12:38:29 CDT 2006

Sat, 28 Oct 2006 @ 01:47 +0100, Peter Corlett said:

> I'll tell you what's scary. A manager visibly shaking at your desk
> pointing out that they'll be out a quarter million if your project -
> which has just keeled over despite some late evenings beating it into
> shape - doesn't fly, and you don't know how to fix it. I could almost
> see my P45 (en_US: pink slip) in front of me there and then.

I've been there before.

Bank of America, $1.5 billion in the hole, September deadline.

We fixed the problem, I did quite a lot of the work myself.

Spring 2000... we are laid off as no longer needed, praise and honors
given to those who caused the problems.

So you see... sometimes you get the pink slip anyway.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We are all of us in the gutter, some of us
looking at the stars." -- Oscar Wilde]