[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Steven Hill sjh at waroffice.net
Thu Oct 26 17:53:46 CDT 2006

> If you think Solaris doesn't have problems that hurt mission critical
> applications, you are painfully naive.

I'd expect people would be less likely to deploy Solaris to a mission
critical problem if it wasn't the right tool for the job, purley due to
the costs and skills involved.

If someone is deploying Sun hardware / Solaris to a task it isn't
suited, they're clearly too stupid to be running systems. In which case,
my rates are very reasonable.

> Linux is an umbrella term that is almost useless, but nevertheless
> there are "linux systems" that are used in critical applications and
> they perform very well.

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.

--
Steven Hill

Vivere commune est, sed non commune mereri