[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Fri Oct 20 15:48:19 CDT 2006

   On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> I find myself completely unable to recommend Budget.  At least U-Haul
> has never charged me when one of their trucks has broken down.

   For what it's worth, the Retro-Computing Society of Rhode Island
have moved plenty of pretty big iron on Ryder trucks and have had
good luck each and every time.  We're talking dock-height trucks
here, and trucks with lift-gates -- which you don't want to be
without if you have more than about an inch of vertical gap at
either end that cannot be made up with dockplate.