[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Fri Oct 20 11:16:00 CDT 2006

On Thursday 19 October 2006 17:59, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> > I'd suggest that if you do go with a lift gate, get a 24' Budget
> > truck (I hear that Penske is good too, but I haven't used them, and
> > they might not be in your area).  Skip Uhaul because their service
> > sucks, and their trucks aren't any better.
>
> I find myself completely unable to recommend Budget.  At least U-Haul
> has never charged me when one of their trucks has broken down.

The problems I've had with Uhaul have been them sending me to a location
that doesn't have what I rented, sending me somewhere that was closed
on the day of the week (Monday!) that I rented the truck, and refusing
to rent me a trailer.

I haven't used Budget too much, but they've got better equipment
(lift-gates and dock-height trucks), and haven't been unreasonable
about anything.  And, they always seem to be open and have the
equipment I asked for when I end up at their store with a rental
receipt...

Not being able to get the rental truck (or trailer) is a whole lot more
annoying than having to spend a few more $$$ to get the job done, IMO.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCAC       ---  http://www.rcac.purdue.edu
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org