[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Fri Oct 20 17:03:46 CDT 2006

Carl R. Friend wrote:
>    On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>> I find myself completely unable to recommend Budget.  At least U-Haul
>> has never charged me when one of their trucks has broken down.
>
>    For what it's worth, the Retro-Computing Society of Rhode Island
> have moved plenty of pretty big iron on Ryder trucks and have had
> good luck each and every time.  We're talking dock-height trucks
> here, and trucks with lift-gates -- which you don't want to be
> without if you have more than about an inch of vertical gap at
> either end that cannot be made up with dockplate.

I have also had great luck with Ryder _commercial_ trucks (the white
ones).  They also have them with E-track vs the loops that the consumer
trucks have.  The rates were very reasonable too.  You have to find a
Ryder commercial rental place though, it's a totally separate operation
from the consumer (yellow) places.  When I used them they did not have
any problems renting to an individual with a credit card.

- Kevin