[rescue] Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Fri Jun 30 13:11:50 CDT 2006

Mike Hebel wrote:
> My worst thing from that show is the one guy that is dead set on getting
> rid of books.  It's the only way I can explain it.  He can't comprehend of
> someone that can read a regular paperback in a few hours thus he's saying
> "How many books can you read really?"  Grrr...I can read quite a few in
> the time it takes you to die walled up in a room with nothing but copies
> of "Organizing for Dummies".

Unfortunately, I'd have to agree.  Books just take up WAY too
much space (and *weight*!).  My "technical library" has over
1000 titles in it.  And that doesn't count databooks, etc.
Add to that coffee table books (which are usually interesting
in some way -- like how to build kites), paperback novels,
databooks, etc. and *something* has got to go!

Since I consume a lot of paperbacks (I read about 20,000 pages
per year), they seem like the most likely candidate.  I've set
a goal of discarding 200 per month for the next 6 months.
(I now have a pretty good idea what a heroin junkie must
feel like going "cold turkey"  :<  )