[rescue] Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Jun 30 13:05:26 CDT 2006

Thus spake Don Y:
> Mike Hebel wrote:
>> My worst thing from that show is the one guy that is dead set on getting
>> rid of books.  It's the only way I can explain it.  He can't comprehend
>> of
>> someone that can read a regular paperback in a few hours thus he's
>> saying
>> "How many books can you read really?"  Grrr...I can read quite a few in
>> the time it takes you to die walled up in a room with nothing but copies
>> of "Organizing for Dummies".
>
> Unfortunately, I'd have to agree.  Books just take up WAY too
> much space (and *weight*!).  My "technical library" has over
> 1000 titles in it.  And that doesn't count databooks, etc.
> Add to that coffee table books (which are usually interesting
> in some way -- like how to build kites), paperback novels,
> databooks, etc. and *something* has got to go!

This is the exact reason why my ideal home would probably be an old
abandoned factory that I could slowly renovate.

> Since I consume a lot of paperbacks (I read about 20,000 pages
> per year), they seem like the most likely candidate.  I've set
> a goal of discarding 200 per month for the next 6 months.
> (I now have a pretty good idea what a heroin junkie must
> feel like going "cold turkey"  :<  )

I prefer to remain "addicted" thank you. ;-)

Reading is a lost art and the more I do it the more I know.  And a lot of
things I've learned over time that have helped me technically and in life
have not been in electronic form...

Besides, if I accumulate enough maybe they'll start a "Library of
Political Incorrectness" with all my books when I die. :-)

Mike
----
"It sticks to your mouth like library paste, has a stronger kick than
toxic waste, there's nothing that you'll ever taste like 307 Ale!" - Tom
Smith - 307 Ale