[rescue] Blade 100

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jun 15 16:29:01 CDT 2006

Wed, 14 Jun 2006 @ 16:57 -0400, Nadine said:

> I wouldn't even want to try to wrestle this thing into submission with
> FreeBSD or similar, but maybe I am being too pessimistic

http://www.pcbsd.org/

Has anyone tried that yet?

It is supposed to fix problems with FreeBSD 6.x in the areas of
reliability, performance, and hardware support.

> As for Phil's comments about Xorg config scripts...I have to agree,
> though they seem to be marginally better than XFree was...at least
> there's (generally) useful info in the logs.

The big improvement of Xorg is their move to a modular build instead of
that horrid monolithic build they have had for years.

I hate to see them use the GNU build tools, but the improvement in code
organization might be worth it.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [javalin: an unwieldy programming weapon used
to stab a software project through the heart until dead]