[rescue] Blade 100

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Jun 14 08:54:19 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 03:59:12PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I was plesantly suprised that the Ubuntu 6.0.6 LTS release did so well
> with not only my older Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop (1600x1200 display no
> problem, but it didn't default to it off the live CD) and the ZyXEL
> 802.11G wireless card I got for $10 (after rebate) at CompUSA "Just
> Worked" (after I picked the wireless network to use). I've seen a lot
> of comments about the things that are broken, but like your problem
> Nadine, it seems to focus around Upgrade issues, not fresh
> installs...

The first three versions of ubuntu (4.10, 5.04, 5.10) just worked for
me.  With version 6.06, we (at work) have found several machines that it
wouldn't just install in (but installing 5.10 then running an upgrade
always worked).  One of the machines was a less than a year old Dell
laptop.  One of the other machines was was a P2.  And most shockingly,
we had the same problem with installing it in VMWare.  This is really
irritating.

Other than that though, it has so far just worked.  I haven't upgraded
my work laptop or my home machine yet though.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/