[rescue] Blade 100

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 11:24:12 CDT 2006

On 6/12/06, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
> >From: velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com>
>
> >I think I'll just have Lionel be my eBay proxy buyer, he seems to
> >always find the good stuff. :-)
>
> Well thanks, but my greatest weapon for finding bargains is that I don't need anything,
> so I am able to jump on a good deal when I see it. The U30 was a machine with no
> CD-ROM drive, and the buyer didn't know that the framebuffers and SCSI card were
> worth calling out in the description. My leap of faith was the trust that the photos were
> of the actual item...

Sounds like good dating advice. ;-)

Yes, I know exactly what you mean--it's kind of like searching for
auctions with mis-spelled words, but instead you look at the
description and match it to whatever is pictured.  That's how I bought
a Pismo back in '02 or so that was described as a Lombard, and made
almost double what I paid when I turned around and sold it.

You have to know your gear really well, though, to be able to find these gems.

=Nadine=