[rescue] Sun Blade 100, SGI and Lombard advice needed

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Thu Jun 8 10:29:21 CDT 2006

On 6/8/06, Jonathan C. Patschke <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Paxton  wrote:
> > They also have an IP24 Indy with Monitor and Kbd, working but no OS
> > marked down to $50. A NEXT slab with a mono monitor for $250.
>
> An IP24's worth depends on two things:
>    * Processor
>    * Graphics
>
> For $50, it should have either an R5000 and an XL24 or an R4400SC and an
> XZ, or at least some interesting cards like FDDI or CosmoCompress.

I've got literally STACKS of these in my house.  At least a half-dozen
of them, probably more.  I'd like to trim it down to just one clean
one.  I'd love a CosmoCompress card (preferably with the matching
CosmoVideo card), but they still go for FAR too much money, if you can
even find them.  What I DO have is a CosmoAudio card (which I had
never even heard of, and have never found drivers for).  Apparently
it's a hardware audio compression card for using with the IRIX video
conferencing software who's name eludes me right now.  Not the one in
6.5, the one that came with 5.3.

Shipping them is a pain, but they are free for pickup in northeast
Penn.  I've got a couple of spare 15-17" SGI monitors too (cant'
remember the size, I think they are 17").  I think I even have a spare
IndyCam.  I'd be willing to deliver them a reasonable distance (say,
up to 2.5 hours from 18324, so that includes as far south as Philly
and as far east as the NJ/NY border) in exchange for..umm..I don't
know.  SGI gear I don't have?  Interesting doodads?  A Sun that is
better than my craptastic Ultra10?

I've also got a couple of ChallengeS's up for grabs.  Think
Indy+2ndSCSIChannel-Video.

Also up for grabs/trade is an R10K Octane.  I think it has 512MB of
RAM, I can check if there is interest.  SI graphics.  Takes standard
PS2 Keyboard/Mouse.

I'm also considering getting rid of my Origin 200's.  They are just
too loud and hot for the living room :), so I never use them
anymore.That's 2xOrigin 200s, each with 2xR10K (mumble...some
speed...mumble) procs, 1GB RAM, and the CrayLink cable to connect
them.  I've got 3 or 4 of the drive sleds for these too (same drive
sleds as Octane).  _No_skins_.  However, I do have the drive bay
blanks for the bays that don't have sleds.  Oh, and one of them DOES
have a CDROM drive in it for installing IRIX (I could even blow on a
fresh install of 6.5.<mumble 20 something?> for you).

Things I'm looking for via trade or cash or both:

I _good_ O2.  At least R10K+analog a/v module.  Or an O2+ (with firewire).
An Octane2 with V(int) graphics.
A Fuel (these are rapidly becoming VERY affordable)
A non-sucky desktop Sun.  (Currently my Sun collection tops out at an Ultra10)

Cheers,

Caleb