[rescue] Obtaining Mac OS 9 Question

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Sep 23 11:13:45 CDT 2005

" From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
"
" Bill Bradford wrote:
" > On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 10:01:16AM -0400, William Enestvedt wrote:
" >
" >>   Really? I've never heard of those coupons being used for *anything*
" >>going back years. I think they just keep putting them in the box to
" >>torture us.
" >>-wde
" >
" >
" > I used one to get the 10.1 upgrade for a penny at Fry's.  Years ago.
"
" I could use a straight 9.2 CD myself, not to mention a copy of
" 10.something ... I still want to try to get OSX in this G3-ified Power
" Mac 7600 sometime.  Reportedly it should run right up to Tiger with
" XPostFacto, but I understand I have to have 9.2 on the machine first.

i'm not sure these older machines can natively boot anything newer
than 9.1.