[rescue] Obtaining Mac OS 9 Question

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Sep 23 12:04:40 CDT 2005

Someone generated the quantum flux that came across as... Sandwich Maker
> " From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
> "
> " Bill Bradford wrote:
> " > On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 10:01:16AM -0400, William Enestvedt wrote:
> " >
> " >>   Really? I've never heard of those coupons being used for *anything*
> " >>going back years. I think they just keep putting them in the box to
> " >>torture us.
> " >>-wde
> " >
> " >
> " > I used one to get the 10.1 upgrade for a penny at Fry's.  Years ago.
> "
> " I could use a straight 9.2 CD myself, not to mention a copy of
> " 10.something ... I still want to try to get OSX in this G3-ified Power
> " Mac 7600 sometime.  Reportedly it should run right up to Tiger with
> " XPostFacto, but I understand I have to have 9.2 on the machine first.
>
> i'm not sure these older machines can natively boot anything newer
> than 9.1.

Nothing that is lower than a G3 iMac or a G3 Pismo Powerbook can boot OS X
natively.  Even some of those have problems despite having OF.

Now with that said I loaded Panther on my upgraded G3 Franken-iMac without
too much issue.

Mike
----
Waiting for Wyatt's Torch to go out...