[rescue] Mainframe on eBay

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Sun Sep 18 03:27:59 CDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 04:29:19PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> For most of the past few years, I've run SunHELP on machines that were donated
> or traded for advertising.  The current machine was a donation/trade from a
> vendor about a year and a half ago, and its the best one I've gotten so far.
> Nobody's offered a V20Z or V210 yet. 8-)

A friend of mine in .au (he runs http://www.pldaniels.com/) had a V20Z
donated by Sun so that he could ensure his mail scanner/content filter
worked fine under Solaris 10. Quite a nice machine too - dual Opteron, 2GiB
RAM, either one or two 73GiB drives. Still not quite sure how he wangled
it, but if he could get a machine, I can't see why Sun won't donate one for
SunHELP.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/